We could not connect Calgarians with compassionate, accessible crisis and mental health support 24 hours a day without our valued partners in the community.
100% of our surveyed volunteers say they use their volunteering skills outside of DC with their family, at school, work and in the community.
We have 281 active volunteers who contributed 23,404 hours, which resulted in savings on wages totaling $409,570.
211 Alberta Partners
- United Way Alberta Capital Region
- United Way Central Alberta
- United Way Calgary and Area
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Edmonton Region
- Alberta Health Services Mobile Response Team (MRT)
- Wood’s Homes – Community Resource Team (CRT)
- Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority – Social Services Response Team (SSRT)
- 9-1-1 Police, Fire & EMS
In addition to our 24 hour crisis and 211 line, we also answer the following:
- Crisis Services Canada - Canada Suicide Prevention Service
- Calgary Senior's Resource Society - SeniorConnect
- The Way In - 403-SENIORS
- Bullying Helpline
- Family Violence Information Line
- Calgary Immigrant Women's Association
- Immigrant Services Calgary
- BowWest Community Resource Centre
- Sunrise Community Link Resource Centre
- Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCASA)
- CUPS Calgary Society
- Alberta Health Services – Urgent Mental Health
- Alberta Health Services – Adult Addiction Services
- CMHA – SOS
- The DI – Victim Services
- The DI – Employment
- Inn from the Cold – Housing
- Alberta Justice – Probation
- Calgary Police Service – Restorative Justice
- Safeworks – Harm Reduction Satellite Site
ATB Financial supports the recruitment, training and support of over 240 highly trained volunteers. They also funded the Community of Care Volunteer Training Room at our new office.
ENMAX is a long-time supporter of our Volunteer Appreciation event and of the Basic Needs Fund which provides financial support to Calgary’s most vulnerable.
Husky has also been a long-time supporter of our Basic Needs Fund.
RBC has been supporting Distress Centre since the ‘70s. They are a long time funder of our ConnecTeen Program and 24 hour phone, daily chat & text support services for youth.
For the past 50 years RBC has been a proud supporter of Distress Centre. Our commitment to youth mental well-being through RBC Future Launch is focused on prevention and early intervention programs to help provide young people timely access to knowledge, supports and care, when and where they need it. We believe that no one should face a mental health issue alone. At RBC, we stand strong beside Canadians when it comes to mental health. We know that Distress Centre is dedicated to serving the mental health needs of Albertans and we congratulate them on half a century of service.
- Jerilynn Daniels | Regional Director, Community Marketing and Citizenship | Royal Bank of Canada
AD Cheng Foundation
ATCO Epic Employee Donations
Altus Group Ltd.
Beddington Heights Community Association
BedRock Realty Advisors
Birchcliff Energy Ltd.
Business Fore Calgary Kids
Calgary Children’s Foundation
Calgary Flames Foundation
CBN Printing Solutions
Chisholm Thomson Family Foundation
Darkness Into Light/Pieta House
Daryl K. Seaman Family Fund
Ernie & Leah Hagel Family Foundation
Ed & Theresa Jang Charitable Fund
Enbridge Employees Club
Fleming, Randy & Diane
Freehold Royalties Ltd.
Government of Alberta
Grant Thornton LLP
Graydon & Dorothy Morrision Fund
Gwen Morgan & Patricia Trottier Fund
HAB Family Foundation
Harold & Betty Allsopp Fund
Imperial Oil Resources
Kousinioris, John & Amanda
LAN Solutions Corporation
Listen Up Calgary!
Monarch Siding Centre Inc.
Olympia Trust Company
Outrun the Stigma
Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Nickle Family Foundation
RBC Financial Group Foundation
Rotary Club of Calgary Downtown
Rotary Club of Calgary Fish Creek
Sam Ousher Switzer Charitable Foundation
Savard, John & Mercedes
Shaw Charity Classic
Spruce Meadows Leg Up Foundation
Suncor Energy Services Inc.
The Cole Foundation
TriSummit Utilities Inc.
100 Women Who Care Calgary
United Decorating Inc.
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance
Wickerson, Tom & Dianne
William S. Herron Family Charitable Foundation
Wilson, Jeff & Cathy
Wolfe Infrastructure Management Inc.
Viewpoint Charitable Foundation
Youth & Philanthropy Initiative Canada
ZGM Modern Marketing Partners
Connecting with Calgarians in crisis. You never know who might need support. It could be someone you know. Help us keep up with the growing need for all our services.Donate